My First Customers!

True story.

Late in October, 2009, three hours before I need to take a taxi to JFK airport to begin a two month journey through India, Bhutan, Assam, Madagascar, and Mauritius, I receive from the publisher a copy of the page proofs for Adventures Among Ants.

I want to send off copies to a few friends before I go. I rush to a nearby photocopy center and ask if they can make me six of them in two hours. No problem!

I return to pick up the copies, and the photocopy guy tells me that they made a couple of extras. Great, I tell him (realizing I would use as many as I could get).

Then he says to me sheepishly, could we keep them to read?




Peter showing off a copy of the galley proofs at Brooklyn Progress Blue Print, Inc.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog